Mary Considine, Company Secretary of Shannon Group plc and former Managing Director of Shannon Airport Authority has been shortlisted for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2013, in the Management Professional category. Now in its seventh year, the awards aim to recognise and celebrate inspirational women in the Irish business world.
Each nomination is subject to a rigorous judging process with judges drawn from the worlds of business, finance, media and academia. The ultimate winners of the various categories will be announced at a gala event at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham on Tuesday, November 26. The awards are sponsored by Brown Thomas and Electric Ireland and supported by Enterprise Ireland, RTÉ Radio 1 and independent.ie.
The list of nominations in Mary’s category (Management Professional) includes:
1. Margot Slattery, Director, Sodexo
2. Oonagh O’Hagan, Managing Director, Meaghers Pharmacy Group
3. Mary Considine, Managing Director, Shannon Airport Authority
4. Caroline Keeling, CEO, Keelings
5. Aileesh Carew, General Manager, Ballyfin Demesne
6. Miriam Hughes, CEO, DDFH & B Group
7. Carolan Lennon, Managing Director, Eircom Wholesale
8. Cathriona Hallahan, Managing Director, Microsoft Ireland