An Ennis business escaped serious damage after a fire broke out on the premises last night.
A quick thinking passerby alerted the emergency services shortly before 9.00pm and remained at the scene until fire crews arrived.
Three units of the fire brigade from Ennis were sent to the scene arriving in a matter of minutes from their station only a short distance away.
It wasn’t clear from the emergency call where exactly the fire was and all fire crews knew is that they were responding to an incident on Francis Street.
On arrival in the area fire crews were flagged down by a group of people outside the Rainbow laundry.
Fire personnel quickly established that there was a fire on the premises and fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building to ensure there was no one inside.
The fire was soon located and brought under control and while the building was filled with smoke, there was “minimal” fire damage.
The fire is believed to have started in a basket of clothing and is not thought to be suspicious.