OLD IMAGES OF CLARE Ennis Courthouse (1820)

OLD IMAGES OF CLARE Ennis Courthouse (1820)

SHARE

Plate-2-1820An 1820 painting by William Turner de Londe (W. Turner) of Ennis’ original Courthouse, which was situated in O’Connell Square.

The courthouse in the painting was built in 1732, and designed by Francis Bindon. The painting bought at Christie’s of London in 2009 by an Ennis antique dealer was put up for sale by the Knight of Glin, Desmond Fitzgerald.

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY