Hotel evacuated after toilet fire

Hotel evacuated after toilet fire

SHARE

Photo: © Pat Flynn 2016
Photo: © Pat Flynn 2016

An Ennis hotel was evacuated in the early hours of the morning after a fire was detected in a toilet.

Staff and guests at the West County Hotel, including those attending a deb’s ball, were alerted to the fire at around 2.00am.

Three units of Ennis Fire and Rescue Service and Gardaí attended the scene.

A fire was discovered in a toilet where, it’s understood, several rolls of toilet paper had been set alight. Fire crews quickly brought the fire under control.

The fire was confined to the toilet area although smoke spread through a small area of the hotel.

Staff and guests were evacuated as a precaution when the hotel’s fire alarm system sounded.

Hotel management are investigating the incident and are understood to be examining CCTV footage in an effort to identify a possible culprit.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY