Cork manager Kieran Kingston has given five players their first start against Clare in the opening round of the Allianz National Hurling League this evening.
Mark Coleman and Shane Kingston featured from the bench in the championship last season for the Rebels but make their first league appearances in Pairc Uí Rínn, as do Luke Meade, David Griffin and Darragh Fitzpatrick.
Kingston will be hoping his side can maintain their winning streak having already captured silverware this year when they collected the Munster Senior Hurling League title. He is without Conor Lehane, Damien Cahalane and Stephen McDonnell through injury but welcome back Seamus Harnedy to the lineup.
Anthony Nash starts between the posts in what is an outfit blended with other familiar names such as Christopher Joyce, Mark Ellis, Harnedy, Patrick Horgan, Daniel Kearney, Alan Cadogan and Bill Cooper. While the slightly less known players will be hoping to make their mark.
1. Anthony Nash – Kanturk
2. Killian Burke – Midleton
3. Colm Spillane – Castlelyons
4. David Griffin – Carrigaline
5. Christopher Joyce – Na Piarsaigh
6. Mark Ellis – Millstreet
7. Mark Coleman – Blarney
8. Bill Cooper – Youghal
9. Daniel Kearney – Sarsfields
10. Seamus Harnedy – St Ita’s
11. Luke Meade – Newcestown
12. Shane Kingston – Douglas
13. Alan Cadogan – Douglas
14. Patrick Horgan – Glen Rovers
15. Darragh Fitzgibbon – Charleville
16. Patrick Collins – Ballinhassig
17. Conor O’Sullivan – Sarsfields
18. Jack Sheehan – Erins Own
19. Chris O’Leary – Valley Rovers
20. Cormac Murphy – Mallow
21. Lorcan McLoughlin – Kanturk
22. Paul Haughney – Midleton
23. Dean Brosnan- Glen Rovers
24. Michael Cahalane – Bandon
25. Robbie O’Flynn – Erins Own
26. Shane O’Keeffe – Blackrock