A young child has been airlifted to hospital after suffering burns to his body in Co Clare.
Its understood the incident happened at a house in west Clare at around 5.00pm and that the toddler suffered his injuries when hot liquid accidentally spilled on him.
The child was rushed by ambulance to the Fairgreen in Ennis where the Shannon based Irish Coast Guard helicopter was waiting.
Gardaí had secured a landing site for the helicopter ahead of the ambulance’s arrival while three units of Ennis fire service were also on hand to provide assistance.
An ambulance and advanced paramedic unit had been sent to the original call and transported the child to the designated landing site in Ennis.
The child has been airlifted to University Hospital Galway for treatment.