A Christmas tree is believed to have sparked a fire that damaged a pub in Co Clare early on Tuesday morning.
The alarm was raised at around 8.15am when a fire was detected in Clarke’s public house in the village of Crusheen.
Three units of the fire brigade from Ennis responded to the emergency call. Gardaí also attended the scene.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control. The blaze is believed to have started accidentally in the area of a Christmas tree.
ESB engineers were also requested to attend the incident.
The pub is understood to have sustained some smoke and soot damage.