Clare County Fire and Rescue Service is urging householders to be sure if they are installing a stove and flue that the work is carried out in accordances to building regulations.
The local authority has renewed an appeal made by Clare County Fire and Rescue Service just last month – See here.
On Thursday, three units of the fire service from Ennis attended a fire on the Tulla Road in Ennis. Fire crews were sent to what was originally reported as a chimney fire however on arrival fire crews quickly found a fire in the roof and upgrade the incident to a domestic fire.
Fire crews established that the fire resulted from an incorrectly installed stove flue.
Clare County Fire and Rescue Service is urging householders to review the building regulations relating to heat producing appliances to ensure stoves and flues are installed correctly.
See details here.