Fire crews tackle fire at fast-food outlet

Fire crews tackle fire at fast-food outlet



Fire crews at the scene of this mornings fire in Ennis – Photo: © Pat Flynn 2019

Fire crews have dealt with a fire at fast-food restaurant in Ennis this morning.

The alarm was raised shortly after 10.00am at the outlet at Woodquay in the town.

Two units of Clare County Fire and Rescue Service from Ennis station responded to the incident along with two ambulances and Gardaí.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and discovered a fire on the ground floor. The fire was quickly brought under control.

Two employees were assessed by National Ambulance Service paramedics but did not require hospitalisation.

The premises suffered fire and smoke damage. It’s understood the fire was started by an electrical fault.

When contacted by The Clare Herald, a spokesman confirmed they hope they reopen later today.