Woman hospitalised after stove fire

Woman hospitalised after stove fire

SHARE

Emergency services at the scene of last night’s incident near Quin

One person was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation following an incident at a house near Quin last night.

One person has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation following a fire at a house near Quin last night.

One unit of the fire brigade from Shannon responded to a reported stove fire at around 5.25pm.

On arrival at the scene they found what the fire service has described as a ‘substantial stove fire’.

The property was filled with smoke and one person was found to be suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

An ambulance was requested to attend the scene while the woman was treated by fire crews first responders until paramedics.

The woman was removed by ambulance to University Hospital Limerick for treatment.

Three young children who were in the house at the time were assessed at the scene by paramedics but did not required hospitalisation.

While the exact details of last nights incident are not fully known, it happened just days after Clare County Fire and Rescue Service issued a second warning to householders this year following a sharp rise in fire calls involving stove and flue fires.

Last Thursday, fire crews from Ennis attended and incident where a fire spread into the roof of a house. Fire crews established that incident resulted from an incorrectly installed stove flue.

NO COMMENTS