Couple escape unharmed from early morning fire

Couple escape unharmed from early morning fire

SHARE

Photo: © Pat Flynn 2016

Two people escaped injury after a fire broke out in their home in the early hours of Friday morning.

The blaze, at the property in Brickhill near Cratloe, was reported at around 5am.

It’s understood that an electric blanket caught fire and ignited a mattress in a downstairs bedroom.

Two units of the fire brigade from Shannon Town responded to the incident and quickly extinguished the fire. Although confined to one just room, the fire resulted in smoke damage in other parts of the house.

Fire crews ventilated the building of smoke before declaring the scene safe.

The occupants were uninjured and did not require medical attention.

SHARE
Chief Reporter Pat Flynn has worked as a journalist for almost 30 years. His career began during the late 1980s when, like many aspiring radio presenters of the time, he worked for local pirate radio stations in Clare and Limerick. Pat joined Clare FM in 1990 where he worked as researcher initially and later presented several different programmes including the station's flagship current affairs programme. He was also the station's News Editor and Deputy Controller of Programmes. Despite leaving in 2003 to pursue a career as a freelance journalist, he continues to work with the station to this day. As well as being the Clare Herald’s Chief Reporter Pat is also freelance journalist and broadcaster, contributing to Ireland’s national newspapers and is a regular contributor to national broadcasters.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY